A Deferred Care Plan is a long term insurance product which will pay a regular, tax-free income to your registered care provider from a selected date in the future. The amount you will receive is agreed at outset and once payment has begun, will continue for the rest of your life, regardless of how long that is.
You can choose how long you want to defer receiving the income for – anything from 1 year to 5 years. The longer the deferment period, the lower the cost of the Care Plan.
If, once the payments have started, you leave care at any point the income will be paid directly to you. In this situation the income would lose its tax-free status. However, it can be converted back to being tax-free should you return to the care of a registered provider again at a later date. To arrange a free initial discussion at your home, workplace or our offices contact us today.
A Known Income to Help Cover The cost of Care In The Future
A Deferred Care Plan could be suitable for you if:
- You have suitable funding in place to pay your care fees in the short-term but would like the security that if your care requirement lasts longer than expected, income will start at the end of the selected deferred period
- You are looking to reduce the amount to be invested, but require maximum benefits
- You have access to a lump sum to purchase the Care Plan
- You want the certainty of payments for the rest of your life after the selected deferred period ends
- Want to limit the risk of outliving your savings
- Want no investment risk
- Want to be able to reduce the inflation risk by choosing an escalating income option
- We are not tied to any financial institution and therefore offer you truly independent advice. We start each process objectively and will consider all Retail Investment Products.
A free, initial no obligation review meeting can take place at our offices, your workplace or in the comfort of your home.
If you are considering taking independent financial advice we would love to talk to you. Call us without obligation or complete the enquiry form and we’ll contact you as soon as we can.