Estate planning often involves the use of trusts to help mitigate inheritance tax and to preserve your wealth within the family.
If you are a trustee of a trust, are planning to set one up or are a recent beneficiary of a trust it is important to ensure that you have the correct financial advice and a trustee investment plan in place. The Trustee Act 2000 introduced rules covering the actions of trustees in relation to how assets are invested.
Clifford Osborne often help clients with trustee investment plans in East Sussex, specifically in Eastbourne, Lewes, Seaford, Bexhill, Hastings, Newhaven, Crowborough, Uckfield, Tunbridge Wells, Brighton and Hove. To arrange a free initial discussion at your home, workplace or our offices contact us today.
We can help you to understand the rules covering the actions of trustees in relation to how assets are invested. Whatever method is used to create a trust the following three certainties must be present if the trust is to be valid:
- Words or certainty of intention
- Subject Matter must be certain
- Objects of the Trust the beneficiary’s must be certain
When protecting your family’s wealth it is often common that you will have a family member as a trustee of your trust. However, few family trustees are aware of their full responsibilities in looking after trust money.
Trusts are frequently crested in Wills particularly where the beneficiaries are minor children who need someone to look after them financially.
Clifford Osborne Trustee Investment Service provides financial advice and trustee investment plans to trustees helping you meet all of your responsibilities.
Below is a summary of the key components you must consider:
- Investment strategy this will be driven by the objectives of your trust
- Asset allocation the long term outlook of many trusts will impact on the asset classes
- Tax wrappers opportunities to maximise tax planning within your trust
- Monitoring and reporting trustees need to be able to evidence that they have a clear decision making and review process
Please contact us for more information on our Trustee Investment Service and Trustee Investment Plans. We serve clients across East Sussex, including Eastbourne, Lewes, Seaford, Bexhill, Hastings, Newhaven, Crowborough and Uckfield.